Friday, December 4, 2009

Technology : Social Networking site FRIENDSTER has a new look



When I tried to check my account on friendster I thought I've incorrectly put the URL and got me to a different website. When I double check I've put the correct URL but noticeably the look and feel is completely new. I tried logging in and it is still friendster indeed.

When you logged in, you'll notice the home page is overhauled. Profile page nothing much was change. Friends tab has a new look as well. One very noticeable part is the shout-out. It's kind a like a status on Facebook, also the "activity stream" is like the "status updates" on Facebook. A lot of comparable aspects but we can still say that Friendster was first from Facebook.

The thing is that Friendster become stagnant on updating their site and got left behind on the latest trends and updates on technology. A lot of friendster user can still say that it serve its purpose to connect with friends. Facebook on the other hand has put in a lot of features on their site that makes them much popular than friendster.

If you have any comments feel free....

No comments: